My Daughter Decided to Stop Taking Piano Lessons. Is That Ok?
Yesterday, Isa told me that she didn’t want to take piano lessons anymore. I sat down with her and asked her why. She said it wasn’t fun anymore, and she was tired of it. I asked her if maybe she wanted to go to one last lesson to see if she felt that way afterwards, but she insisted that she didn’t. She was like, “I think I want to try something else.”
My kids are very different. While Isa has…
The 10 Financial Commandments of Your 30s
1) Advance your career
2) Rethink your budget
3) Adjust your insurance coverage
4) Pay off nonmortgage debt
5) Increase your emergency fund balance
6) Save at least 15% of your income for retirement
7) Diversify and rebalance your investments
8) Monitor and improve your credit
9) Write your will
10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s stuff
Learn how to put these commandments into action on kiplinger.com.